Saturday, November 24, 2012

Simple DIY make up palette

DIY MAKEUP PALETTE FOR UNDER $7.00 or less


Hey everyone! I am so stoked about posting this you guys have no idea ! =) I had recently ordered the Z-palette from the Makeup Geek website when I ordered some of their pan shadows. I LOVE it ! I de potted a bunch of my shadows, some NYX ,MAC , ect as soon as I tore the box open. I was so in love with it that I thought about ordering a second one. Then I started to look up DIY Z-pallets and and watched a couple videos. Some were more work then I wanted to put into making one ...

I wanted to keep this DIY project more of a recycled sorta thing, so I looked around our apartment brainstorming and seeing what I could take apart and use. . I was really set on having not have to go back to the craft store .Having already been there to get yarn and duct tape.. 

 I kept looking and looking and couldn't find anything I thought I could use to make my own Z-pallette. Almost giving up my no go to the store I sat in front of our DVD tower bookcase thing . At first I thought OH!! I'll take the dvd inside holder thing out and use that! But further examining the DVD case I noticed it was all one thing . BUuuuUUUmmmer ! Then I noticed shoved at the very top were some old jewel CD/DVD cases. I swear if you could have seen me there was a light bulb above my head that gone off . 

I thought PERFECT ! It's a hard shell it'll be perfect for protecting whatever I was going to put inside . 



What you'll need :
*Jewel CD/DVD cases  (had on hand)
*Magnet sheet (Joann's crafts )
*Duct tape (Joann's crafts  - W/coupon)
*Sharpie (had on hand)
*Eye shadow or blushes 
*Flat iron (had on hand)
*Foil (had on hand)
*Exacto knife or scissors (had on hand)
*Butter knife or tweezers (had on hand)






New Wet n Wild 8 pan palettes 






I got the magnetic sheet for $1.29 












I chose the Zebra pattern duct tape  ($4.99)  and am using tweezers to remove the inside disk holder




Using the tweezers I carefully wedged it in between the inside of the case and the outside 






Wiggling from the center to the corner







Once I poped the one corner I just used my hands to pop the center out








Next I took the ruler an measured the inside of the case 
















Then taking the measurements on to the magnet sheet 








This magnet sheet has a sticky backing. I removed the backing and placed it into the case 








Taking the duct tape I started cutting the duct tape pieces to size , over lapping some each time .








Next was de potting the palettes & warming up the flat iron  








Before your iron gets a chance to warm up , place a piece of foil over to protect it . 







Then I placed one side of the palette onto the iron. I let it sit for about 5 - 10 mins . Keeping an eye on it 






Checking the palette to see its ready by pressing down on one side to bend the plastic to put some of the shadows up . They all have a bit of glue under them so they wont just pop all the way out. 






Using some scissors I carefully lifted the shadows out (BE CAREFULL ! the pans will be HOT)





Be veeeeeerrrrry careful 






I took a sharpie and labeled the bottom CZ bc this is from the " Comfort Zone" palette 







Slowly filling up my new palette 







The aftermath 






The back 






The front I just made a border with the tape , I cut the strips of tape in half . 







I had so much fun doing the first one I decided to do my blushes too !! 






Finished palettes 


























My new babies in their new homes ! =)

In total the two palettes came out to $6.28 . Don't forget to look for coupons . 

I cant wait to do make more. 
I hope you all enjoyed this post just as much as I did making it and sharing it . 

Please let me know if you end up trying this out . 

My instagram is @Skinnyglam i'll start a hashtag and you can tag my account and hashtag so I can see  =) 

 # SGDIYPALETTE



11 comments:

  1. This is awesome! Thanks for posting your How-To! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @XarisC you are very welcome !! Thank you for checking it out :)

      Delete
  2. @XarisC you are very welcome !! Thank you for checking it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do your eyeshadows slide around a little when using them since the magnet isnt very strong?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried this, except skipped the magnet and just hot glued each pan down instead. Worked soso well. Looks awesome and was so easy. And the best part, I didn't pay a dime. Just used what I already had. Thanks so much for the idea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this its awsome.!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is ingenious! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG So freaking awesome!!! Thanks for posting this!!!

    www.fiarevenian.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG So freaking awesome!!! Thanks for posting this!!!

    www.fiarevenian.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is awesome, thanks!

    ReplyDelete